According to the California Department of Education: The LCAP is a tool for local educational agencies to set goals, plan actions, and leverage resources to meet those goals to improve student outcomes. This page provides resources to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of an LCAP.
The LCAP is a three-year plan that describes the goals, actions, services, and expenditures to support positive student outcomes that address state and local priorities. The LCAP provides an opportunity for local educational agencies (LEAs) to share their stories of how, what, and why programs and services are selected to meet their local needs. The components of the LCAP for the 2020-2021 LCAP year must be posted as one document assembled in the following order:
- LCFF Budget Overview for Parents
- 2019-20 Annual Update with instructions
- Plan Summary
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Goals and Actions
- Increased or Improved Services for Foster Youth, English Learners, and Low-income students
- Expenditure Tables
LCFF Budget Overview for Parents
- LCFF Budget Overview for Parents(XLSX) Adopted by the California State Board of Education (SBE) Executive Director on December 31, 2018; updated January 31, 2019
- LCFF Budget Overview for Parents Instructions(PDF)
Santa Barbara Unified School District’s LCAP information is found here. As parents and members of the community, its important to ask questions about the policy as well as voice concerns as they arise. Please take an active part in the education of our local youth.